- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quality semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 8-ounce bag Snickers Bites
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
1. In bowl of electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until well blended and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mix in vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add in chocolate chips and Snickers Bites. Turn mixer speed to medium-high and mix dough for about 30 seconds. This will break apart the Snickers Bites and incorporate the pieces into the dough. If you are not working in a stand mixer, you will need to roughly chop the Snickers Bites before mixing them into the dough.
3. Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop two mounds of dough per cookie (3 tablespoons total) and roll dough into balls.
4. Place each dough ball onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 14-18 minutes or until very lightly browned, taking care not to overbake. I baked mine for 16 minutes, which seemed to be perfect in my oven.
5. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
– I chose to make large Snickers Cookies, if you make smaller cookies, you will need to reduce the baking time to 10-12 minutes.
– Snickers Cookies are best served the day they are made; however, the cooled cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days.
Read more: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/snickers-cookies/#ixzz35St3XZJ1